PDA

View Full Version : Young asian woman

MastahUK
09-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Its been a while since I've really sat down and worked on a single piece of artwork. This started just like any other of my quick photoshop doodles between doing other things, but I decided to put in a little bit of effort this time. Here is the result of about an hour spent shading over my initial doodle:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/MastahUK/asiangirl2.jpg
Initial doodle and colouring all done in Photoshop. Photo reference used.

I apologise for the complete lack of composition, light source and well.....quality, but its been so long since I last did anything and I would really appreciate any constructive feedback. It would also be great to hear if anyone has any ideas concerning a scene that will allow me to turn this early WIP into a half-decent composition.

Thanks for viewing.

(EDIT - Image updated above... given her a much needed nose job!)

MastahUK
09-07-2005, 12:48 AM
First of all, I'm not sure how to edit the title of the thread to give a nudity warning, so if a moderator feels the need to do this I would be grateful. I would have done this for my first post had I known I was going to take the painting in this direction.

I've only spent a little bit of time on this since my original image, so the changes are fairly rough at this early stage. There is much smoothing and tweaking to go yet. I just thought I'd try and change the whole feel of the painting to make it seem darker and more seductive though. To do this, I merged all visible layers and than began experimenting with different layer styles - trying to emphasise the highlights further than before to give the impression of sweat. I also tried to convey that there is a single, red light source illuminating the woman from below.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/MastahUK/asian-dark1.jpg

I really would appreciate it if someone could take the time to reply and let me know what they think so far. I'd especially like to hear which colour scheme you think works best.

Euphrosyne
09-07-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm not to sure how you edit the title of your post, maybe by typing a new title in the title box above where you put in the text. I hope someone else will come up with the answer for you or you can send a message to one of the moderaters.

I like the dark background and this is looking nice. I think that you should fix her neck even with long hair you should be able to see more of the neck up by her chin. It should be a fairly straight column until it tapers out into the shoulders.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2005, 04:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.