PDA

View Full Version : help with nose..

retsbabe
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM
hi, i just need a little help with her nose, i've tried and tried and can't figure out what im doing wrong, but it doesnt look right to me. i can't move on to other areas without finishing it :) some feedback on how the eyes and mouth look would be appreciated too. thanks

Ilikesoup
09-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Her mouth looks great. The eyes have a nice shape and sparkle to them but her left eye looks lower than the right. As for the nose, I'd create a temporary layer and use it to rough sketch the line of her nose and indicate where the nostrils should be. It will make shading much easier. Good luck -- it looks good so far.

BrittanyRichardson
09-05-2005, 02:39 AM
I agree with Ilikesoup's advice. Another thing that might help is that the nose has many highlights and shadows that appear on and around it. Right now your nose area is flat, so I'd suggest adding in some quick sketched shadows/highlights OR some cross-contour structure lines (on another layer) to help you see the 'shape' of the nose protruding from the face.

retsbabe
09-05-2005, 03:34 PM
thanks, i'll try what you've suggested with the shading/shadows.. and also go back and have a look at her eye :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2005, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.