PDA

View Full Version : a little help on head pulling off animation max7

ChIDgE
09-04-2005, 02:09 PM
ok a little bit of an animation newbie but have been with 3ds for three years now modelling etc,

my character is wanting to pull his head off, i have worked with all parts of the body and am happy with them, but i am having real issues with the hands lining up with the head as such, keyframing seems to be the only way to go but its not providing me with satisfactory movement

ik attach with bipeds does not support biped to biped as in i cant attach the hands to the head biped so they would fit real well biped - mesh only seems to be supported

i am sat in curve editor and thinking can i match the hands curve with the head curve then apply weight later on to give the impression of the head trying to be pulled off rather than it looking like he is sobbing into his hands.

i am self taught through web and max tutorials and realy looking for pointers for the best way for me to do this ASAP as im kinda now trying to pull my own head off!

only concern i have is the perfect alignment of the hands with the movement of the head

thanks all

stewartjones
09-04-2005, 02:47 PM
constraints?

constrain the hand IK to the head so that once the hands are placed onto the head, you simply move the head and the hands will follow.

umm, you mention biped, i'm guessing that like a default rig in 3ds?! if it is, you may do better rigging it up yourself?

Sorry if that doesn't help at all. i'm still trying to work my head around your explanation. (I aint the sharpest pencil in the box!) :thumbsup:

ChIDgE
09-04-2005, 04:15 PM
cool

basically i have made a dummy, linked this to the biped head, then used the ik constants within key info on the hand to link it to the dummy attached to the head, have had to alter the heads anim a little as it stretches the arms totally out of place

cool almost pulled my head off with that one, you just gotta keep trying as i know within max anything is possible

sub kuch milega :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2005, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.