PDA

View Full Version : Music Video : Kom-Intern - Revolution

scanscape
09-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi there !
This is my first thread here so hello everybody, and excuse my english, I'm french.

So here is my first music video for a french Industrial-music band "Kom-Intern"
The video is 7 minutes long and its size is 50 mb.

The video is about a secret soviet factory,in a non defined age, building combat-bots army.
The story is quite simple, but you can read it in many ways...
I spent 4 months of work on this video. The harder part of the work was to synchronise each sequence with the music, you'll see why, when watching the video.

So here are some preview pics of the video :
http://kompleet.free.fr/preview.jpg

And here the direct link to my video :
http://kompleet.free.fr/revolution.avi
(Right click, "save target as")

Hope you'll like it.

-Fred, aka Kompleet Systeem

Additional info about the Kom-Intern band :
http://komintern.free.fr
( The video is sold with the album "Order 937" of the band as bonus cd )

machine_theater
09-04-2005, 03:36 PM
man i'm surprised no one has commented on this yet. its awesome. i think the mood of it was very well done. like old school germany or something. the textures and modeling were done nicely. i ony have a few criticisms. while all the shots are great and interesting, i think i started to lose interest after 4 minutes or so. it got a little too repetitive which is unfortunate. cuz if the song were shorter it would be great. but thats really something you can do anything about. and the last thing is the character whos talking throughout. his facial deformations seem to much like a flimsy plastic or something. i don't know if you're going for a more surrealstic character or not. but his animation did not look very realistic. anyway. thats all. good job man.

scanscape
09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks !
Regarding the "human" face, yes, I must say it's not very well done, but I'v learn 3D by myself for 2 years now, so I have difficulties modeling bio stuff, I prefer the mechanical stuff hehe.
I MUST improve human modeling...

shuggie
09-04-2005, 09:15 PM
The repetetive theme could work with the song, but there just isnt enough animation there to sustain 7 mintues of my attention, good modeling and texturing though.

Fierras
09-05-2005, 03:26 AM
The concept was great. There was this one shot that I disliked in the beginning where you kinda fly around a tower. That didn't match with they style of the rest of the movie.
Even if you repeated the shots toomuch for 7min animation it fitted perfect in the theme.

MartinK
09-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi

It looks great, but I have to agree with the above. It's too long and I lost interest after about 3-4 minutes. I would either cut the song in half (maybe not your decision..?) or add more animation. Maybe you could alter the camera angels on some of the shots so they don't all look excactly the same.

Martin K

scanscape
09-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, Yes I could not modify the music lenght...
And 1 month before the original deadline, they ask me to finish it in 1 week... So I had done 3 minutes in 4 months, and I had to do 4 minutes in 1 week... lol.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2005, 09:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.