PDA

View Full Version : lighting and background problems, please help

morgangray
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
i'm unable to use the online manual for c4d so i was wondering if someone could answer a couple of things. first, i cant figure out how to create a light and still allow the light from the sky object to appear, i have a good light setting with the sky and radiosity, but i want to add one without making it the only light. the second question is, how come every time i add a background object, i cant allow it to appear in my render unless i delete my sky, i think its overiding what appears, i just want to keep my sky and add a background object for my composition material. thanks

vesalus
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
use a compositing tag on your sky and your background with the appropriate options...

siyangwxf
09-24-2005, 08:33 AM
use a compositing tag on your sky and your background with the appropriate options...
when you use a compositing tag on your sky,you should to chose "seen by GI"

STRAT
09-24-2005, 11:56 AM
i cant figure out how to create a light and still allow the light from the sky object to appear, i have a good light setting with the sky and radiosity, but i want to add one without making it the only light.

if i understand you right, if your scene is well lit with your sky object and radiosity, but when you add a new light it over rides all others and just shows that light? thats sounds strange (although i probably got the wrong end of the stick here). sounds like your new light is too bright. just turn it down or add fall off to it.

if your existing sky object and radiosity already nicely light the scene, then you dont really need extra lighting in there unless you localise it, ie, controll it's brightness and it's fall off range.

the second question is, how come every time i add a background object, i cant allow it to appear in my render unless i delete my sky, i think its overiding what appears, i just want to keep my sky and add a background object for my composition material. thanks

in the render or the viewports? whichever, the answer has been given above. use a composite tag and turn on/off seen by camera

AdamT
09-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Sounds to me like your lighting with just the sky object and GI is *not* alright--because the autolight is probably filling in a lot of illumination. Then, when you add a light the autolight is shutting off and you're actually seeing the result of just the GI dome and light. If so, turn off autolight in render options and go from there.

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2005, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.