PDA

View Full Version : Technical Director - Production Reel 2005

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey all,

Been a while since I've been able to post any work that I have completed but after just winding down with a contract I decided to throw together a reel of production material that I have accumulated over the past year or so. The reel is a mix of film and games stuff, mainly focussing on the aspects of rigging & deformations. I will be eventually following this up with a website update with new tools as well as a more personal reel with work that I've been doing on my own time, giving insight into the rigging behind creatures I've worked on etc.

Feel free to post any crits, I know it's rather hard to discern the quality of the deformations as there is no wireframe to be seen but I will post a reel with my personal rigging, scripting and other tidbits when it is complete.

Right Click And Save As... (http://www.creaturetd.net/demo_reel/reel_web_2005.mov)

File is roughly 48mb in size.

Cheers,

-s

p.s. the little blips that you see during the Fifa and NBA clips (as well as the lovely technicolor effect) are coming from the codec not being able to process the camera flash properly... im not sure why exactly it happened but I'm working on a way to try and fix it.

H3rbie
09-02-2005, 11:01 AM
awsome stuff Shawn! Really nice reel and i like the music choice.

warpy
09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
i was here first, a post will come shortly after i download and watch it :)

very very nice, 5 stars :) and ... someone gotta put this on the front page.

Per-Anders
09-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Sweet stuff Shawn! Hope this brings you lots of work :)

mattmos
09-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Very impressive work. Its hard at the moment to critique your contributions to these shots, but they are high quality shots and without a good TD that's hard to achieve. So I guess you are a very good TD! Looking forward to the more personalised reel :D And Mr Scruff rocks too!

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
hey guys,

cheers for the comments :) and Matt, hell yeah Mr Scruff rocks.. Jason Schleifer is to thank for tellin me the name of the song.

-s

malcolmTG
09-02-2005, 07:22 PM
shawn,
you know how I feel about your reel but i wanted to say that i hope everything works out for you with jobs and whatnot.

SO SAYETH MALCOLMTG!!

bolek
09-02-2005, 07:25 PM
great animation, but the first time I saw the fifa 06 video I was dissapointed that the players look like zombies and didn't look that great since it was a video for the upcoming next generation game on the xbox360.. I do hope the players look better once the game is released. I heard they supposedly look 10 times better than what we have now and stadiums look 50X better ! So it looks like EA Sports lied since the NBA was supposedly in game footage.. but they did say it will look even better

the_podman
09-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Great stuff. Man, I'm seeing lots of impressive TD reels these days.

Rudity
09-02-2005, 07:27 PM
HEY!! I know that guy. I know him!!

PS. Thanks for the chair! :p

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
cheers again guys,

bolek: yeah, unfortunately due to publication issues and NDA's only stuff that has been publically released can be shown... so until there is an updated video showing the final game (which i can't see being until launch date) i'm stuck with the old stuff from the E3 montage.

rudity: haha enjoy the chair man, i left a few screws unwound on it so you're in for a surprise ;)

-s

SheepFactory
09-02-2005, 07:34 PM
hahaha finally got your front page shawn :)

shakii
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Oooh, HNA stuff.. did you work at Bardel Entertainment for a while?

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Oooh, HNA stuff.. did you work at Bardel Entertainment for a while?

I was actually over at anoter studio in Toronto working on it :)

-s

Zoox
09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
really great stuff, I really like the creatures at the end of the reel and that chase SWEET :applause: keep it up :thumbsup:

TheCleaner
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
i think you have exceeded your bandwidth, link gives nothing

yuliliao
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
can't connect to the website...is it down?

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Should be ok... I just tried it now and it's working. Might have just been the # of people hitting the server at once that caused the hiccup.

Try it again and let me know if it works for you guys :)

-s

Neil
09-02-2005, 11:27 PM
argh i really wanted to see this. But for some reason the video just gets covered in green about 2 seconds in. I even tried quicktime alternative too. Can't play with either. I think Nvidias new drivers are buggy (again).

M.E.L.
09-02-2005, 11:34 PM
argh i really wanted to see this. But for some reason the video just gets covered in green about 2 seconds in. I even tried quicktime alternative too. Can't play with either. I think Nvidias new drivers are buggy (again).

Let me know if you get it to work, if not I can make an AVI copy of it for you that will hopefully play ok.

-s

SimonReeves
09-03-2005, 12:04 AM

ya thats dodgy nvidia drivers, you'll have to try other ones good luck ;)

nice reel btw :)

Heber
09-03-2005, 01:27 AM
very nice work, be nice if you could put the updated shots from the games , since everything has been revamped by now. also yeah a shot breakdown wouldnt hurt.

Slimz
09-03-2005, 06:20 AM
hey M.E.L once again your bandwidth has been exceeded.

pierre
09-04-2005, 02:25 PM
link don't work :(

M.E.L.
09-04-2005, 11:40 PM
link don't work :(

site has been restored, my apologies for the delay but I've been away for the weekend. Link should work A-Ok now.

-s