PDA

View Full Version : won't boot up (bios won't come up)

nepaligurkha
09-02-2005, 04:33 AM
HI,

finally got more ram 2GB, i had 512mb. The first problem was that when i put in the ram, the mobo didn't support the ram i think ( i mean not support because i bought the right ram DDR ram.) I can't put more then 2 sticks of memory with out it beeping to death.( i have tried all the combinations, it has only three slots) I have a Gigabyte K8SN pro. Anyway i only put 1 stick and booted up in windows and downloaded all the driver from the gigabyte website like for SATA, chipset Nforce 3 and etc. Including updating the bios (here is a link) (http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8N%20Pro.htm) i downloaded the F12 one. I have as i said before a Gigabyte K8SN pro mobo, AMD athlon 64 3000+. Oh yea when i updated the bios with the gigabyte update thing in windows. I cheak marked, to clear the DMI and the PNP/PCI. I shut it down, after updating all the drivers, and put the 2 sticks of ram (tried all the combination of the two in every slot i have only three slots) So after turning it on nothing comes up, the screen is just blank. So i tried to clear the cmos, by taking out the battery and using the short circuiting the pins. It still dosn't work. I have NO clue at all know what to do. Another thing, the mobo has dual bios, so i thought that if i updated the bios with the wrong one, i thought the dual biose would kick in.

-Tabha

SweetDreamz
09-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Odd...the backup BIOS should have kicked in if something was wrong with your main BIOS.(Life saving feature for me for many times)

And you probably didn't do anything wrong...@BIOS is pretty fool proof.

So did you try it with 1 stick of RAM after the comp didn't POST? Does it boot then?

Another thing you could do is disconnect everything except for your videocard. That meanst harddrives, CD drives...etc. See if it'll boot then.

nepaligurkha
09-02-2005, 04:52 AM
yea after, it didn't boot up after updating the bios. I did try it with one memory stick and it still didn't work. Now i just tried what u said, i pulled out everything except for the video card.

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2005, 04:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.