PDA

View Full Version : question on character sets

davidfro
09-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I figured this is probably the best place to post my question on character sets. I have an animation where I need to apply the same 30 frame animation to different objects at varying intervals. What I want to do is make a preset of the animation that I can just apply to each object at the frame I want it to start at. I'm pretty sure what I'm trying to achieve is contained within character sets, but I've only used character sets once a long time ago. If anyone can give me some help on what steps I would need to take to make such a preset and how to apply it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Davido Hyer

Cycone
09-02-2005, 01:18 AM
First you need to create a character set from the character or object with the animation on it. And its probably the best to take rotation and translation in separate character sets (if you have for example a character with joint rotation and translation in his root bone, create an extra character set for the rootbone).

Go to the trax editor and create two clips...one for the rotation set and one for the translation set and export your clips.
Then create the same character sets for the objects you want to "copy" the animation to, make sure the name match..etcetc

Go back to the trax editor and load the clips youve made. You can just slide the "animation" like clips in a non-linear editing program :)

This was just straight from my head..so i dont know if i described it the right way and in the right order....but with a few looks in the help file you should get it too work.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2005, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.