PDA

View Full Version : Cop Chick Pin-Up

PTimm
09-01-2005, 09:32 AM
OK this is an old one I started some time ago and just started working on again...but now that I did it, it looks so much like Poshspice's "Lady Frances Drake"-which is amazingly much cooler than mine, but anyway I got a little inspired by that piece. Im having some issues trying to make this piece look decent, I'm not going for realism, but more of that "pin-up" style...if that makes sense, anyone got any pointers?

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6967/copchick8fi.jpg

Euphrosyne
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
If you are going for a pinup style, you need to get the proportions right. And if there is a gun in her hand it should be the right size compared to the figure. The whole idea of pinups was an idealized version of a woman, which means as close to perfection as possible. No flaws. You should check out the anatomy threads by rebeccak.

jmBoekestein
09-01-2005, 10:20 PM
maybe redrawing the proportions and after that recreasing the skirt and blouse will do it a big change.

The skirt is cut off rather abruptly.

PTimm
09-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the insight guys, anatomy is still a big issue for me.

PTimm
09-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Ok, here's an update. I saw some issues with the anatomy, and made the legs longer. All in all, if I wanted this to be really cool I'd have to re-draw the whole thing like you guys said...but I just wanna finish this quickly and do something better...um, I guess its more of practice to get used to digital painting? Dunno if I made any sense at all...I'm tired...

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5421/copchick3nd.jpg

Euphrosyne
09-06-2005, 06:12 AM
This is better and I think it is good practice. Don't give up yet, you've got a nice start and the more you work at it the more you will learn.

PTimm
09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you very much for the encouragement!

BMunchausen
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM
You have an admirable start here, but several things:

She looks like her feet are on attached to the wrong legs - left on right, right on left.

Her gun-holding hand looks bigger than her other hand.

I'm having trouble too with her stance. It's not very sexy or sinuous or anything and since both legs are locked at the knee, it looks like she'd have two different length legs (the right one longer than the left)

The look on her face is strange - she almost looks like she'd be blowing on the top of the gun barrel, but it's not really close enough to her face for that, so she has this inexplicable closed-eye pucker going on.

I question that big phallic stick she's carrying! :D
I mean, was the shape of the end of it just a coincidence? Mixed signals here. Hehe

PTimm
09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
hahaha oh man, i really didn't intend for that stick to be looking like a "tool" But now that you mention it, i'm kind of embarrassed. Thank you soooooo much for pointing out those things (hands, and legs and stuff) originally I had the gun close to her mouth, but when i redrew it to the correct size i found i had to re draw her whole arm, and i really didnt wanna do the skin again. oh well, im sure ill do a hellova lot better on my next one. but thanks again for the crits!

PTimm
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
My Last update (just cuz i dont think this is worthy of the finished gallery) I tried making her baton hand bigger, took out the "phallic" thing on her wand, and messed with her feet a wee bit. Best I could do without some serious work. Thanks again guys!
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2165/copchick9ny.jpg

Euphrosyne
09-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Why don't you try lassoing her hand and lower forearm and the gun and selecting it then go to edit and transformation>scale and hold down the shift key while resizing that part. That whole section even the gun is to big. Before you deselect it move it back into position. Then blend it in. If this scares you then go to edit copy when you have lassoed the hand and paste do the transformation on the copy and move it into position if it looks right switch to original layer and erase the old hand and then merge down the layer with the new hand. I hope this helps, you don't always have to redraw everything.

PTimm
09-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey thanks for the idea, i tried it out does it look okay? Oh yeah about the gun, I really like the size of it hehe plus its a desert eagle .50 (roughly the size of your forearm) there is something about the legs(tones, colors), i just cannot get them to look like...well legs, any pointers?

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9678/copchick7cx.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2005, 05:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.