PDA

View Full Version : Orleans? Turbosquid may be down

garycrump
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Check with Turbo Squid if you are selling models with them because they be effected by the disaster.

leigh
08-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Please do not post threads that are not news in the CG News forum. I am moving this to General Discussions.

garycrump
08-31-2005, 08:51 PM
It is news. I do work for them. Some people on this forum get supplemental income from them. However I will wait until they post a official statement on this forum.

Nomi-Graphics
08-31-2005, 08:55 PM
According to these two threads:

http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Index.cfm/stgAct/PostList/intThreadID/18066

http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Index.cfm/stgAct/PostList/intThreadID/18084

They're putting themselves back together and all should continue as normal with some small delays.

- Noel

leigh
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
It is news.

The CG News forum is for press releases and official news items only.

garycrump
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks Nomi for posting the links. I was gonna post them but you beat me to it. I just want to share information which I thought was news to some CG people. Especially since people derive some of their livelyhood from it. Thought a disaster of this magnitude would have made some exceptions to the rule. My mistake Leigh.

angel
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, forget about the flooded city, the thousands of people with no food or homes but by golly check turbosquid.

what kinda thread is this?

garycrump
08-31-2005, 09:47 PM
TS has employees their so I am concern about them as well. Some people do business with them. The thread was to see if they are OK. Check the links they are saying they are Ok and I am using any of my sales to donate to the relief effort. I hope others do as well.
See Links people on their forums are talking donations.
Don't think the worst of people and jump to conclusions.

Bentagon
08-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah, forget about the flooded city, the thousands of people with no food or homes but by golly check turbosquid.

what kinda thread is this?Quoted for agreement. Even if it wasn't intended that way.

- Benjamin

Eddie_rossi
08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Hurricanes are horrible.

garycrump
08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah I grew up in Florida. But these Hurricanes are coming too quickly now. People need to listen to the scientist Global Warming is for real.

Valkyrien
09-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah I grew up in Florida. But these Hurricanes are coming too quickly now. People need to listen to the scientist Global Warming is for real.

Sure, but if you notice, summers may be getting a lot hotter, but winters are getting a hell of a lot colder too. Methinks something may be wrong with the axis too....

Skirnir
09-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Hurricanes are storms intended by nature to fix the climate. The upper and lower atmospheres are skewed atm, so storms will be getting worse like this for awhile. It is approximated to last around 15-20 more years, with each consecutive year worse then the last. This started 5-10 years ago, so it is possible we might even see a hurricane much worse and disastruous then this in 5-10 years.(I know such thoughts are awful, but it is the truth)

Your probably also wondering why with such knowledge, they do nothing about it. The government pays various research agencies to research the problem, not to do something about it(which is in politicians hands). Doing something about the problem costs politicians money, and there is no profit to be gained, so planning or trying to find ways to fix such issues is little priority to them. :sad:

garycrump
09-01-2005, 02:15 AM
Sure, but if you notice, summers may be getting a lot hotter, but winters are getting a hell of a lot colder too. Methinks something may be wrong with the axis too....

Well if you keep pumping oil out of the ground it may be possible to shift sendimentary rock plates underground which could help throw off the axis a few micro degrees.

Skirnir
09-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Well if you keep pumping oil out of the ground it may be possible to shift sendimentary rock plates underground which could help throw off the axis a few micro degrees.

Actually the axis,rotation, and revolution of our planet is determined by Gravity(in relation to other things in space) and magnetism. Gravity would be determined by the planet's overall mass(land and atmosphere combined)in relation to other planets/moons/stars/objects in space and pumping oil would not effect magnetism. However, at least your thinking about possible reasons, whether biased or based purely off rationale, which is a lot more then most people. So gratz to you. :thumbsup:

pgp_protector
09-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Actually the axis,rotation, and revolution of our planet is determined by Gravity(in relation to other things in space) and magnetism. Gravity would be determined by the planet's overall mass(land and atmosphere combined)in relation to other planets/moons/stars/objects in space and pumping oil would not effect magnetism. However, at least your thinking about possible reasons, whether biased or based purely off rationale, which is a lot more then most people. So gratz to you. :thumbsup:

If that's true, why did the earths rotation speed change after the Indina quake ? (They say it's a fraction of a second per year change)
http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PLATETEC/RotationQk2004.HTM

garycrump
09-01-2005, 05:17 AM

oil is a liquid

liquid=mass

If trilions of mass is pump out of the earth and partially burn into the atmosphere.
That is a lot of mass being burned away. Wouldn't that lost of mass effect gravity?

Clanger
09-01-2005, 06:58 AM
oil is a liquid

liquid=mass

If trilions of mass is pump out of the earth and partially burn into the atmosphere.
That is a lot of mass being burned away. Wouldn't that lost of mass effect gravity?

I read somewhere the Earth is getting heaver, due to all the space dust constantly raining down. Nowhere near enough to effect anyone for billions of years though.

Thinking about the people of Orleans and hoping they get back on their feet really quick.

leigh
09-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks Nomi for posting the links. I was gonna post them but you beat me to it. I just want to share information which I thought was news to some CG people. Especially since people derive some of their livelyhood from it. Thought a disaster of this magnitude would have made some exceptions to the rule. My mistake Leigh.

You know, your sarcasm really isn't appreciated here. If you don't like the rules of the forum, then you're welcome to go somewhere else. Thanks.