PDA

View Full Version : Creating Pre-Rendered Backgrounds.

Rufoo
08-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Greetings all,

I'm beginning my foray into the world of 3D. Primarily I've been involved in 2D work but am seeking to branch out into 3D for my own personal projects.

Recently I played through Chrono Cross again and was curious as to how they created the stunning pre-rendered backgrounds and thusly, have a great desire to create such things myself rather than spending ages working with paints on a 28" canvas. As I'm a complete newbie I have no idea how they achieved this and more importantly, where would be a good place to start.

All the selections of 3D programs baffles me. I really only want something for creating environments and lush landscapes and was curious if anyone here could offer some friendly advice to me as to which program would be suitable for this kind of work and is newbie friendly. I'm currently looking to invest in a suitable application.

Many thanks,

Rufoo.

dbates
09-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Have you considered Terragen? I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it is free!

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

-dbates

Rufoo
09-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Cheers dBates. This looks like it might be just the ticket. Thanks for investing your time in helping me. If you or anyone else thinks of anything I'll appreciate the help.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2005, 04:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.