PDA

View Full Version : CG Short : 7 Tons 2

pignouf3
08-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi !
You can see our last CG short "7 Tons 2" (directed by Nicolas Deveaux) on Cube's website :
http://www.cube-creative.fr/html/nt/nt_nd/elephant.html

Waitin' your comments...

eks
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
great short! the rendering is awesome, i liked a lot how the stadium was resolved graphically, with dim contrast, giving more attention to the elephant and elastic thingy (elastic bed?). the elephant rig is very good also, with the skin going down when he takes a step. is there a making of or a wip page with the setup of this rig?

i would only critique the animation. his walk is hard and flat, lacks a bit of weight. there´s also a small gap between his feet and the floor. in his first small jumps he stays in the top position for too long also. but besides that, great job!

eks

xmarek
09-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Amazing rendering and visuals! The only crit I have is about animation too, I would add to the comment above and say that the weight is a bit off when the elephant is jumping up and down. Check your graph. Other small things that could improve: his tail and nose, while jumping. Specially the tail, it should go up when he is going down, etc. Just improve a bit the secondary motion. Besides that, everything looks great :thumbsup:

pignouf3
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for comments ! :)
I could not precisely answer you about animation because it's not my job. But Nicolas (director) will post an answer in a few days...
I could only says that for artistic reason, we've decided that the tail will go under the elephant when he is falling. Its not realistic but more elegant. We've test the animation with the tail going up like the nose but it wasn't really beautifull... :)
We have no making-of this movie but we are planning this for our next shorts. :thumbsup:

Allen M
09-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I thought it was fantastic, not just the visuals but what the video is about lol. An elephant doin tricks on a trampolean, awesome! That elephant is bad ass man.

P.S. does this elephant have a name? It looks like a Ben.

webhead
09-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Overall, I thought it was magnifique'. Loved the elephant on the trampoline idea.
The only crit I would mention is, when the elephant first starts walking on the trampoline, it stays much too level. He walked across it like it was a hard floor with no give to it. He should have more up and down motion to his walk. Still, a very enjoyable piece of work. :thumbsup:

rickycox
09-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Excellent work, very ambitious, loved it.

NR43
09-04-2005, 10:19 AM
rofl so funny
excellent concept

pignouf3
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
The only crit I would mention is, when the elephant first starts walking on the trampoline, it stays much too level. He walked across it like it was a hard floor with no give to it. He should have more up and down motion to his walk. Still, a very enjoyable piece of work. :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody !
I want to answer Webhead crits... We've decided not to give the Elephant to much down and up motion when he walked for the first time across the trampoline because we've made as if the trampoline was adapted for an elephant (its a huge and resisting one). When a man is walking across a trampoline, he hasn't an important up and down motion.
We thought it was the good choice but maybe not... It's up to you to tell us :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.