PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Violin

vrexplorer
08-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi friends

It`s my first complete digital painting work...my goal was concentrating on GI effects so i combined neighbor color and affected them in each other more than a usual case.for the concept i first combined some parts of a violin and exaggerated them after finishing my sketch i scanned it and put colors in photoshop.Please tell me about the mood that you recieve and help me devoluping my technique.

http://trix5.com/out.php/i968_Violincgtalkseifi.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=621093)

remcv8
09-01-2005, 03:31 AM
No picture on my end. Says "File Traffic Over".

Maybe submit as an attachment. Attachments can be up to 97kb and can be uploaded to CGN through your post at the bottom. It will show up as a thumbnail and can be clicked on to enlarge.

If you have problems reducing the size in Photoshop. Make sure that you save your work as it is and then go to "Save For The Web" in the File menu. From there you can save as an optimized Gif or Jpg. Make sure that you don't exceed 97kb or it will not upload to your post.

Hope it helps.

vrexplorer
09-01-2005, 09:06 AM
It was my hosting sever problem....now i uploaded on another site.

thanks again:thumbsup:

remcv8
09-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh Man, That's cool. I love the flow shape from the violin outward. Depending on how I view it, the overall shape evolves into a Bat or something similar. Colors, composition, and feel of this pic is excellent. Love it!!!

Hard to believe that this is your first digital pic!!!

How about a link to the high res version?

Euphrosyne
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
A fun piece. Nice technic. I think impossible to play.

vrexplorer
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Dear Remcv8;

About the first digital painting experience realy i had doubt of make it 2d or 3d.After some playing:buttrock:with photoshop and 3dsmax atleast i decided to use photoshop for it.I think it`s very simple work:sad: behind the other great 2D artists and it was only an experience for me in photoshop.

And dear Patti:
hey thanks for your kind words....i think we should try to play.:scream:

PixelPlay
09-03-2005, 11:51 AM
This is a wonderful piece for a first digital painting. It has a stylized look to it now. I think it would look better if it had more highlights and cast shadows in it but that would be at the cost of some of the rigid symetrical style that works well in this piece. Though shadows would really make it pop.

Just my 2 cents.

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2005, 11:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.