PDA

View Full Version : Get to know your hypergraph

goosh
11-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Wow, I've been reading the "Inspired 3D Character Set-Up" book, and I've also been trying to disect some rigs to find out how they've been done.

I've always used the hypergraph but to a basic extent, now I'm getting more and more into it, and something that scared me in the past the "Up and Downstream Connection" now it's starting to make sense to me and it's amazing what you can find in there!

So if you haven't been looking at it yet, make a point to do so and try to understand what's going on.

Build a simple rig (like an ik leg) and see what the hypergraph is doing. You can learn tons by it

Aaaaanyway.. I thought I'd mentioned that.

Back to my rig.

Goosh

sp0rk3d
11-08-2002, 10:29 AM
yeah the hypergraph is where you can see all the "magic" behind the scenes.... hehe i am lab instructing a class that Josh Riess is teaching, he also taught a siggraph master class last time around, and it is amazing how it all starts to make sense, :)
don't forget to play with the connection editor while you mess around in the up and down stream graphs! ;) hehe:thumbsup:

kyo
11-09-2002, 02:02 AM
ahhhhhhhhh maya and their hypergraph and hypershade makes me * sh*******t in my pants ! : ( : ( : ( . ah . clean up time .

hah . :D kidding . i love maya . i love the hypegraphc and i love the hyper shade . i love seeing all how the network is connected to gether ! . :D:D:D:D .

sporky is my slut ! >:P

Lunatique
11-09-2002, 09:22 AM
goosh- that's awesome. I ordered that book, and I can't wait to dig into it.

I just finished reading Maya: secrets of the Pros. Got some really useful stuff in there.

sp0rk3d
11-12-2002, 07:49 AM
haha kyo,
watch it or i'll not help you rig your char... :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.