PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Lw 7.0 Help!">4 vertices

Stonefist
11-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Im wondering If someone can help me out I am creating My first clothing Model ( first model period) and I am Splining, I usedd a Background Model as to conform it But when I go to Sub D it It went all wacky On me. when I checked the Poly statistics it said that I had > 4 vertices in the area that went wacky on me ie. the part that the arms go through. here is some pics of the interface along with the mesh pic so that you can see what I mean any help and Critique is greatly appreciated Like I said this is my first model and I wanna texture it and make it real nice.

thanx
Stonefist

jinx
11-05-2002, 12:27 AM
select your +4 sided Polys & triple (shift t)

SplineGod
11-05-2002, 02:31 AM
If you modeled it with splines there should be no way that you ended up with an n sided poly somewhere. You can triple the poly as was mentioned or split it into a couple of polys.

Stonefist
11-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Thanx Guys i will try the Trip thing, And i did Model with Splines I tried to upload the immages but they were two large for the thread, I will try and lower them so that you guys can see what I mean. and By the way just cause I modeled with Splines I never said that I was good at It its Actually My first Attempt But thanx anyway {SG} :), I appreciate any help and Crit that will bring me to a level worthy of the Praise that some in our comunity deserve and receive. Untill I post the images... I will keep you informed stay tuned to this thread....

SplineGod
11-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I have a free spline tutorial on my website too. :)

Stonefist
11-05-2002, 07:47 PM
here are the pics that I was refering Too I hope this works, And by BTW, I did the Trip thing and It took care of the n sided poly's But the area is still not right it has ridges now imma scrap it and start over. At least now I know how to get rid of thos +4 vertices.

And Spline God I will be sure to check out your Tut, I need all the learning that I can get.

ARRRRRRRR%GGGGGGGGGG, I saved the images as Gif's in photoshop and I even chose save for web and this thing is still telling me its two Big, ARRRGGGGGGG Im gonna lose My Buaetiful Curly hair by the end of the day....... BRB

Steve Warner
11-05-2002, 07:49 PM
Stonefist, if you have a website (even a free one), place the images on your server and link to them. If you do that, you can get around the attached image file size limit. :thumbsup:

Steve

Stonefist
11-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanx Steve I didn't think I could do that, Any who's I don't have a Site yet But My neice is gonna peice one together for me... So I will keep you guys Posted thank you everyones been so Helpful.

Hey wait a second I posted the images on POSER PROS forum under the clothing modeling forum do a search for stonefist,

Actually you will see the thread as soon as you get on the forum its on the page ... Nobody there has replied though there not as Kind as you guy's....

Http:\\Poserpros.com

Stonefist
11-05-2002, 08:40 PM
SplineGod I just Visited your Site And you rock.... And your courses Must be top notch cause I checked your Student Gallery and the Proof is in The Product.

As soon As I can get some cash Scraped together you'll have another student ta add to that Gallery. Well I tried to post the pics here but if you wanna see what i was talking about you can check out the same post that I put on PoserPros.com.

Oh I almost forgot This coulda been the Prob but what do I know I used Autopatcher MK to pathch the Splines cause LW kept saying that My curves didn't match up.. So after a coule of hours of Frusrtation I found that Button Under Multiply and I used It and whoaalla It Patched everything Nice and Pretty except where the arm would be open.

Any ways I'll Post again Tommorrow .... See ya.

Stonefist
11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
http://poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5517 (http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5517)

This is The Link to the Post on Poser Pros

Steve Warner
11-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Stonefist, the Poser forums require registration to access that link. Try crunching your pic to under 50k in Photoshop and you should be fine linking it here.

Steve

SplineGod
11-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Thanks Stonefist,
Pretty much all the students have never done any organic modelig. Linda Sheffield started the course back in June and had NEVER done any 3D at all. Take a look at her stuff again. Theres about 80 ppl taking the course and the students I have up now are the ones that have enough stuff to post. The biggest thing they like are the critiques of their work as they progress.
The method I show for modeling heads is the easiest technique out there. JUST the character modeling CD is 12 hours of lectures on it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.