PDA

View Full Version : Tangency issue with nurbs.....cannot go any further till i sort this

rb25_det
08-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Hey people ijm building a nurbs model car, and altough im nearly complete, i have a few tangency issues i need to have cleared up.....basically the seams of two surface arent matching right up, thought the topology is current (i offset the curves off the original surface to ensure this)

ive posted a few pics.

first one, shows the issue....they dont seam up right, i knw a attach surface would do the trick, but for this current sit. it will not work very well as the edges of the surface will need to be offset, and then another surface will be made on top and below (which need to blend) which will result in the same issue, until i can sort this out, i do not want to progress any further.

Second image shows what i have done, basically the crosshatched section was the reference surface i used, and the 2 curves highlighted orange were made tangent to the surface using the tool project tangent, and then surface 2 were birailed.

One thing, is it at all possible to use a tool like project tangent, but on two surfaces,not a curve/surface combo.

thehive
09-01-2005, 06:56 PM
where are the pics ?

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2005, 06:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.