PDA

View Full Version : bodypaint to maya exchange problems

Rabid pitbull
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi all I have a copy of bodypaint 2.5 and maya 6.5. I have had bodypaint before maya, and have no idea how to get the exchange plugin to work. I have in the past used it successfully with both lightwave and xsi. But after downloading the newest installer for maya 6.5 when running the exe file to install I get a bunch of errors..

I initially though well it is looking for the scripts and plugins and since maya came after bp they are not there. So I put the plugins and scripts I had into the appropriate locations, but thesewere for version 5 maya. So I knew they would not work.

Now part of the problem might be my systems partitioning system. I have several partitions on this machine the c partition is only for the operating system. It has very little available space and installing applications is not an option. I have all my applications installed on a seperate partition and all the files on yet another.

Thanks for your help,

James

ThirdEye
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
how comes you already have 2.5? it's not even out yet :shrug:

Rabid pitbull
08-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Sorry.. getting all my versions mixed up now. I in fact have version 2 of bodypaint.

So could anyone offer any advice here? I have been told in the past that this is the place to ask bodypaint questions, although I feel like I am invading a bit.:D I am able to do the whole obj thing, but would really like the smooth exchange like I had in other apps.

Rabbitroo
08-29-2005, 09:27 PM
I'd move objects via .obj if the plugins aren't working. (That's what I do most of the time.) You can also try FBX export/import but I'm not sure what will happen.

-K

Rabid pitbull
08-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Well the problem is not the plugins working it is installing them... havent gotten so far as to them not working. Is there a way to simply download the scripts without the installer? Anyone have any ideas?

Srek
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
The Installer will only realy install the Body Paint side of the plugin, just make sure to point the installer to the folder with the BodyPaint/CINEMA executable.
After the installer is finished you can find the Maya Side of the plugin in the folder \Exchange_plugins. You will need to copy the Maya plugins in the folders specified.
Make sure to remove older plugins first.
Hope this helps
Björn

Rabid pitbull
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, will give it another shot. I was installing it to a sub-folder so that is probably it.

James

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.