PDA

View Full Version : Help with Depth in 3D...

DiegoRuizDiaz
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I want to know if someone could help me with the theory of depth in 3D, usually when i work with landscapes, the stills become flat... Why? Why?... its about edges, colors, fog, cameras, I have tried everything, and nothing... please specify...

Thanks...

Dervish
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
its all about 1. perspective, 2. light and 3. reading stickies
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=226083
(drawing)

if ya mean 3d applications, well, its really really helpfull to know the most basic basics of drawing, wich are, perspective and light

bonestructure
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
One very basic principle is to have a foreground, a midground and a background. Perspective is also important. Ultimately, whether 3D or a painting, it's a flat image. Depth is a result of giving the viewers visual clues to create the illusion of depth. A row of trees getting smaller as per perspective. Colors and details in the background becoming lighter and more vague. A big tree in the foreground framing your main subject. Also, remember the principle of thirds. Dong put your main horizon line right in the middle of the picture. Composition is also to be remembered. Use the function of composition to lead your viewer's eyes around the picture, where you want them to go. Composition, by nature, should be spiral or circular, never letting anything point the viewers eyes out of the picture.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.