PDA

View Full Version : Hold my hand through Saslite

Vinsoviet
02-22-2002, 11:31 PM
I've never used saslite before and actually have no idea how to even get started with it.

Anyone feel like walking me through putting hair on some polygons?

Thanks, I love this forum.

yahll
02-23-2002, 12:33 AM
I think that you problem is that you are not adding the pixel filter (Scene effects).

Just play aroud with the settings, It's very easy to use but without the pixel filter you can't see the effect

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 12:48 AM
heheh, naw see, I dont even know how to get to that point, more than that, where do you even access the saslite settings?:D

yahll
02-23-2002, 12:56 AM
Ok, no prob :p
Just load an object into layout.
select the object and press p (item properties), go to the deformations tab and add the saslite plug under add displacement.

To acces the settings just doble click over saslite

Then go to Scene>Image process>add pixel filter and add Saslite

render that, you should get some fur, and the you can play around with the settings

:D

Mike RB
02-23-2002, 01:19 AM
tha manual has a big section on saslite that will get you going no problem. I suggest you read it, that is if you have the manuals...

Mike

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by yahll
Ok, no prob :p
Just load an object into layout.
select the object and press p (item properties), go to the deformations tab and add the saslite plug under add displacement.

To acces the settings just doble click over saslite

Then go to Scene>Image process>add pixel filter and add Saslite

render that, you should get some fur, and the you can play around with the settings

:D

Aw cool man thanks alot. I hope to be able to post some of my work soon. I've been modeling for about 6 months and I'm getting to where its not embarassing anymore. Heh heh. Any way, I'm off to give this a shot. Thanks again. You guys rule.

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 02:01 AM
In Image Editor (processing tab) the add filter pulldown is inactive, any ideas why that is?

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 02:19 AM
Never mind that last one, I loaded an image in the above tab and was able to add the saslite plug..... still workin on it....

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 02:32 AM
bahgh! Still no fur. I loaded the saslite plugin but the other one isn't in the list. I reloaded all my plugs but still no joy.... I must be missing something....

yahll
02-23-2002, 02:38 AM
That's weird:( I don't know what's going on

Chewey
02-23-2002, 02:58 AM
You're way off. Try using the "image process" tab to add the saslite pixel filter plugin. Not the "Image Editor".

Download the pdf manual from the newtek ftp site, it's free.

ftp.newtek.com/pub/Patches/LightWave_Support/lw65b

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 03:01 AM
Lets back track:

-Load object
-Object props>deformations>add displacement saslite (checked default settings)
-Scene>image editor>.........NO, IM RETARDED! Image processing not editor.......

*the retard dives back in....*

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 03:10 AM
WOO HOO! Got it. Awesome. Thanks guys. Hah hah my charachter looks like animal from the muppets, guess I got some adjusting to do eh? Sweeter 'n sweet. Thanks again guys. I'll try to post it tonight, I'll be sure to give ya credit for it too!

yahll
02-23-2002, 03:29 AM
:p

Vinsoviet
02-23-2002, 08:35 AM
OH MAN! Yeah I got fur on my simple test object, but when I go to render my good model my comp tells me that my object has too many points for the "lite" version to handle. Tells me I should buy sasquatch full..... its like $400 huh? I think not....

I'll get around it one way or another.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.