PDA

View Full Version : ShortMovie - Neko presents: The Koshigaya Script Suite

AyaKoshigaya
08-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I finished my newest Movie.. :)
It's the Soloproject I did here at the German Film School what means - anything you see is done by me (except Audio.. but that's something you hear, not what you see ;) )

It took me about 2 Months (with breaks.. so the 2 Months aren't real working time) from Modelsheet to finished Movie.

I've decided to make this movie cause I wanted to try character Animation... I never realy done animations before.. only did effects, scripts, plugins etc... now I wanted to try something new - a new challenge.

And now.. what's the movie about..?
Neko is a cute Catgirl trying to present the Koshigaya Script Suite for Maya. And since these tools are Maya Tools and she's a 3D Character - she's demonstrating things on her own body... :)

Would be happy if I get some comments!

http://koshigaya.de/contents/videos/thumbs/Neko.png

Download: http://koshigaya.de/contents/videos/Neko.mov (~15mb)

Au'revoir,
Aya~

PS: In the Movie the InteractiveTools is a bit buggy... but don't worry - this won't happen with the real ScriptSuite ;)

PPS: This is the CGTalk thread for the KoshigayaScriptSuite:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=154088

Pooyag
08-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I liked the Responding way...though the Animation wasnt good enough and also the music was really awful...
there was a black like around the character,i think that's because of the Composition problem,maybe....
anyway....Thanks for sharing that with us

luxmotion
08-28-2005, 08:04 PM
At first sight, I enjoyed the concept idea of presenting a 3d tool with a character animation that shows its features right over his body, and the look of the toon shader you have achieved is beautyful.

But at the second viewing I saw two things that doesn't like me a lot: I found the music very distracting over the speech and I miss a zoom to show in detail what feature is the model explaining about the script.

Anyway, I'm sure that this presentation is better than my english.

bye!

AyaKoshigaya
08-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,

though the Animation wasnt good enough
hehe.. ya ^^ Like i said.. it was my first animation - and I realy hate to animate... but wanted to try it :)

also the music was really awful...
Aî.. the Music... some people love it, some hate it... i like it :p

there was a black like around the character,i think that's because of the Composition problem,maybe....
No, not a compositing error.. the whole character has outlines at any border (a bit of toonshading)... and I just made the real outline a bit stronger.. :)

Au'revoir,
Aya~

CgIdentity
08-29-2005, 03:44 AM
I think its adorable lol. Seems a little stiff at times, but adorable nonetheless.

AyaKoshigaya
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi,

thanks for your comments ^.^

But... 3 comments aren't thaaaat much... please, just tell me if and why you like or don't like it... :)

Without some critics (both positive and negative) I don't know if this movie is the best thing I can do or if I should never animate again etc... ;)

Please tell me how you liked it. :bounce:

Au'revoir,
Aya~

flip240
09-01-2005, 02:54 PM
As a whole, I thought it was a pretty entertaining animation; very funny and interesting to watch! I love the Neko character too! To me, the music fit very nicely with the animation and added a nice touch to it.

As for crits, I wish she had a bit more facial expression and the scene where she tears the cloth seems a bit rushed.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2005, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.