PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Internal Tools

suck
02-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Just wanna know what sort of polish everyone is used to in their internal tools... i.e. the ones their tools programmers make for them. I'm talking about 3d app plugins, exporters, level builders, particle tools, and everything else that would be considered "custom".

The reason I ask is because there seems to be a very wide range of quality/usability of custom tools. Some artists feel that if their tools don't have the polish and power of UnrealED and it's corresponding suite then they are being cheated. Some programmers undoubtedly can't understand why artists can't figure out command lines and write their own batch files. :)

There is a middle ground and I would imagine most fall within it.

bit

Jol
02-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Pretty good really, thoughkeeping track of updates can require some concentration.

On this subject does anyne know of any tools for Max to help develop Pixel and Vertex Shaders. I've been looking for stuf and so far the only GUI Pixel Shader aditor I can find is one contained with in Lithtech's Jupiter System complete game greation package.
Does anyone know anything about this editor or anything similar?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.