PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a story

ben_n
08-28-2005, 10:10 AM
im trying to think of a story for a 6-8min short animation. i have some ideas but nothing concrete. i was wondering whether people might help me out by giving a character and a settting for that character. i know i want the animation to be very clean cut like disney, as well as lots of animation within the chracter/s.

i have the idea of a man trying to fix electrical wires that have been damaged on a pilon and things happening to him as he is doing this?

the idea of one of those toy creatures you stick to your car window coming to life and eventualy escaping due to the fact he is annoyed with the kids keep poking and pulling bits of him off?

a story set in a pond which is being neglected and play on the life of the pond?

i have some more but not really sure about those. please help in need of a life line :scream: cheers

mlanser
08-29-2005, 10:04 AM
i think the idea with the toy creature is good - but hard to make, since you have to have one or two little kids (able to show some angry faces - like some little nasty shits) playing with your toy creature, the parents (could be done with modelling only the back of them - just like concentrated on driving and not interested in what's happening behind), and the creature itself.
of course the car (outside and interiour) - shouldn't be soo hard to make, since i have this comic-style in my mind - not too realistic.
and the landscape/scene - more or less depending on how long the character is exploring this world.

this could be really great, but as i mentioned - hard to make (depending on who is working for that) :)

good luck
post other ideas if you want feedback

XTBAD
08-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I my experience, and in my opinion, when a director, animator or artist breathes life into lifeless, inanimate objects. That being said, I think you should try to do something that gives life to an inanimate object.

You could do a short segment about a sock that's trying to escape the laundry, give it lots of sneeky movements, have it press up against the side of the wall, or the hamper or something. It could make its way into a gym bag and then get zipped in. You could have the sock unzipp the bag and peek out to see where it is, and when it sees its just about to go into another building (the gym), it could see someone coming out of the gym and you could do a slow motion dramatic jumping shot, where the sock jumps from the edge of the bag onto the bag of the person coming out.

There's a number of ways you can go with it. Its just a suggestion, I think it'd be cool to see a really ridiculously fast paced dramatic action "Prison Break" animation revolving around a sock.

zurfer
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
I think the pond idea has a lot of potential. My first tought when i read it was the part of it being neglected, perhaps even cut off form the ouside world. One could draw a parallell between suburbian life and the pond. Try finding a part of your own life that can be translated in ot playing it self out in a putrid pond.

Beneath the thick gooie suface seacrets lie. Perhasp a salamander as your leading man or woman.

Hope this helps.

Peter

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.