PDA

View Full Version : WIP "Depth of Field"

RISKBREAKER
08-27-2005, 02:04 PM
This is something I painted quite recently but i cant, for some reason, call it finished and i didnt think i could pass it off as a something that would be accepted in the finished forum. To be more specific, Im not quite happy with the background. Anything else you guys can spot would be a great help. Oh BTW, Im extremely new to Painter and its been years since I've dabbled with paint.

RISKBREAKER
08-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Ok i've tried to do another simpler background, but still not quite sure what i need.
Anyone one got any ideas?

Euphrosyne
08-29-2005, 04:20 AM
I liked the first background better. The colors in the first piece look oversaturated to me. This is a good start, I don't know what style you are going for but I think that it needs more polishing. Keep going.

RISKBREAKER
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your advice. I went back to the first one and see what i could do. I also cleaned up the shirt a bit. Its a bit hard for me to explain what style im going for as Im trying to 'tone' my own style. Im thinking of adding more to the background but i'm afraid that'll distract from the subject. What do you guys think? Does it looked finished?

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.