PDA

View Full Version : "Morning Tail"

djamin
08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey there. This is my first ever 3d animation. I took the high school 3 week animation course with the New York Film Academy and this is my final project which took in total about 2 weeks.
It was made entirely with maya and edited with Premiere. I hope you enjoy, I just wanted some more experienced opinions on it.

http://iamkemer.com/nyfa/3week/morningtail.mov
(Please right click and save as)

thanks,
Amin

djamin
08-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Still no comments at all? I need some opinions about it please!

aliasfreak101
09-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Still no comments at all? I need some opinions about it please!

nothing in this animated short was terrible, considering its '' your first animation''. i personally think you should make his shirt more interactive as it moves, it collides with the ground and that thing that was bothering him, Although you did apply this, the effect was very minor and decreased the performance. the animations seem alittle off at some points and did cause a bit of a distraction because the timing was off, however, 3 weeks will never claim you or anyone a pro in the animation industry. so keep going, especially with a program as powerful and dense as maya, which i also use.

Fierras
09-03-2005, 03:50 AM
hey Amin,

nice to see you here.

I don't think the music went well with the animation. The beat was too fast for the slow motion of the character. I think there should also be a reason why the character is located in a white room.

Hope I was any help!

lw_dragon
09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
not too shabby for your first animation. I do agree however that things should be a bit more interactive. Cool concept though, maybe later on you can add something more to make it more humorous.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.