PDA

View Full Version : woorkflow of a charachter

zoc
08-27-2005, 12:00 PM
I people...
Wich is the workflow to build a character? i mean the structure of the directory and how to work not in a distructive way... if i skinning a whole charachter and than i wanna make some change in the model section and other things like that.
thank a lot and bye bye!

shahrokh
08-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi dude,
This question is a bit too general, I mean people write books about character workflow.
Ant way the workflow in a very general way is like you design a character, prepare model sheets, prepare the model in your 3d package of choice, rig and setup, and make all the preparations for animation such as facial.
Now remember every change you make has to be in a bind pose or T-pose. and before applying the skeleton and start skinning make sure all the joints are in a zero position, it's definitely important for Ik.
all along the editing process you have to get back to bind pose again and again.
good luck

zoc
08-31-2005, 09:42 AM
So the section modelling, skinning, rigging must be in the same file?
Or can I make the model file >reference >rigging and skinning > reference > render scene...?
I use maya...

JohnPark
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I'd avoid referencing for now, just to keep things simple. If you want to try and modularize things, save a final model file and then leave it alone. Then import it into a blank scene to begin your rigging. If you want to try to preserve skinning work and make model changes you'll need to export skin weights, delete the old model, import the new one and then import skin weights. There are many scripts out there that can help you with this. Check out davidwalden.com for some good ones.
-JP

zoc
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
My worries are that i'm sure that during the render part of my work i want make some change in the modelling part of the character...without loose all the work around it...
but, like you, i start to thing that reference are not so useful...
thanks...bye bye!

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.