PDA

View Full Version : Falcon master (exotique??)

Baker17
08-27-2005, 07:04 AM
hi there, this is a character i started before i heard about the exotique entry. nbow thinking abou tsubmitting it for that. he is an arab falcon master, and the bit i havnt started yet, has a falcon landing on his arm. im trying so symbolise the relationship, and bond between the two, which i think is quite amazing. im going to be doing something sort've abstract with the background, so that has nothing yet, ive really just finished on a bit of the detail on the face, and turbin, plus a little bit in the shadow of his cloth.
let me know what you think.

Eikichi-
08-27-2005, 08:13 AM
It's very well drawn, but i think the nose is a bit too big. Can't wait to see the falcon :)

Baker17
08-28-2005, 10:57 AM
ive started on the cloth. trying to get the feel of daylight passing through some areas, so there would be refraction to an extent.
crits welcome for further development.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2585/cloth7yp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jmBoekestein
08-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Maybe a sharper nose would be more interesting, have more appeal?
The lighting is really good, nice!

:thumbsup:

remcv8
08-29-2005, 12:34 AM
I can see already, that this is going to be an amazing final piece.

Is beautiful so far!!!

Baker17
08-29-2005, 01:17 AM
thanks all, your feedbakc is ver encouraging, i wish i had more time to work on this piece, but im finishing a course in design and multimedia, and have this huge research assignment over my head!! this piece will feature in my finished work for the assignment, but its alot of researh, rather than practical.
thanks for the points on the nose, but i think from my research into arab people, this one fits the way i like it, i tried liquifying it, just dont look right to me...but thanks for your points of view. will hopefully get more work of it done this week, and start the falcon too, thats going to be a challenge! :wip:

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2005, 01:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.