PDA

View Full Version : Pleeaase Allow graphical Sigs and avatars..

Tarkus
08-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Man, i love the whole CGTalk community and everything, i wish that we could use [IMG] code in our sigs.. would spice up this forum a lot..

Tarkus.

JDex
08-27-2005, 02:17 AM
I disagree... it would seriously slow down the loading of this already graphic intensive forum. I think expanding the character limit (especially for CGS members) would be good though.

mummey
08-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Heck no!

The page loading time is slow enough as it is. There is also the possibility that this would reduce the professionalism of this site. Members would be posting as often as possible just so they can show ads for their sites.

Brettzies
08-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Are you talking about those god awful tacky images at the bottom of people's posts some sites like to use. Man, those things are horrible. One of the worst design ideas in the world. It be like when the internet first started and every site had repeating pattern bgs and tacked on graphics with clashing colors making readabilty impossible. Rarely do I see one that is actually appealing or well designed.

barcode
08-28-2005, 05:14 AM
I also disagree - graphical sigs tend to get out of control on forums.

rblitz7
08-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Yeah, avatars are all you need to spice things up.:)

erilaz
08-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Sigs are crazy enough as it is! :)

leigh
08-29-2005, 05:57 AM
I absolutely despise image signatures. The only thing they do is clutter the page up, and disrupt the flow of text conversation. I generally avoid sites that allow them because I think they're totally pointless, ugly, and generally look awful. It looks totally unprofessional and tacky.

/rant.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2005, 05:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.