PDA

View Full Version : Shouldrer rigging question in messiah

cerreto_hiding
11-04-2002, 03:39 PM
i have a few old models im rigging in messiah ! one problem i seem to be having is with the shoulders the area between the spine and mid ar the bones i put in there seem to be pulling the lats with it to some extent was wondering if anyone had any suggestions

Part of the problem is im using some of my older more sh__ty models ( not modeled well poor anotomy hate them ,glad im a lil better now ;) lol ) but heres a pic of one of them if anyone cares to draw in the bones to demonstrate

any help is apreciatied

post a pic in one minute

cerreto_hiding
11-04-2002, 03:50 PM
heres the model im using mike was nice enough to do some stuff in lw but im using messiah

btw mike if you have msn im at cerretoinhidding@msn.com im me dont have icq comp is to slow

3DDave
11-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Place "support bones" like a rib cage into the skeleton to reduce or remove the deformations from the arm and shoulder.

David

Julez4001
11-04-2002, 05:13 PM
I usually put some rib bones or bones where I want the disortion to not occur. But before you do that..play with the radius area and slip setting on the bones between 0.0 and 1.0. That usually makes a whole world of difference.

If using the studio/animate version ...the new weight tool may be your answer but the above should take care of it.

cerreto_hiding
11-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys

i like the support bones suggestion should i use set up nulls parented to a spine bone or ? or am i on the worn track sorry for my newbie questions im just geting into rigginng and as there seems to be 50 ways to do one thing im searching for the best results i want to play with morph blending but im not that far yet etc

3DDave
11-04-2002, 09:34 PM
You can make a support bone as a child of one of the spine bones. You can even detach it from it's parent bone and move it around since it will not be animated.

David

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.