PDA

View Full Version : Terros Environment Workshop (Community Thread)

Terro
08-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Please use this thread to discuss Terros Environment Workshop (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=271082). I decided to split the workshop in 2 to minimize on the confusion and to give the members a clean thread for questions and coments.

Rebeccak
08-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Terro,

Great idea! Thank you for posting this! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

fuss
08-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes, I also don't understand why nobody responded to your thread yet. That's the kind of information every newbie should be thankful for - all basic steps delivered on a silver plate ;). While you are not covering everything in detail, you seem to touch up on all the basic stuff that should get any beginner started - enough stuff to feed Google with if someone wishes to delve deeper into a specific topic. Well, maybe there are only pros here, or the beginners not yet appreciate it ;). Personally I can't wait for the light & shadows sections, so keep the tutorials coming! :)

Greetings
fuss

Terro
08-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Hello and thank you for your kind feedbacks. I'm ok with not a lot of replies since this is just very simple stuff atm and pretty self explanitory.

Some of our next steps will require watching video tutorials that I'm working on. I decided to go with video , because I believe it'seasier tolearn from watching then from someone explaining it with still images. A lot of stuff gets lost along the way.

I will be using the newest Quicktime codec for the video tutorials. Make sure to download Quicktime 7 Here (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/preview/). The videoa will not play on QT 6.5 since it lacks the H.264 codec.

I willl make an update post soon with some more cool stuff for you guys.

Thanx for viewing.

jfrancis
08-29-2005, 01:19 AM
http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/distantVP9.jpg

Here's a suggestion I put together on how to plan perspective in Photoshop when the vanishing points are far off the page.

http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/2005/07/vanishing_point.html

RFX
08-30-2005, 02:49 AM
I don't post here much, but i'd like to say thanks for this, i've been looking for a place to learn more about painting digitally, and i'm sure this will give me a lot more knowledge in the traditional arts.

umbrellasky
09-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Hiya! Thanks for posting the workshop, I bought a book on perspective and few days ago, it's a weakness I'm currently trying to strengthen, your tutorials will be a great help especially if there are things in the book I can't quite understand.

Thanks again :)

Terro
09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your positive repies. I am currently working on a set of follow up lessons to take us through the next steps , they should be comin up very shortly. We'll have a few standard thread with step by step as well as some Video Tutorials.

BMunchausen
09-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi there!

You know what I could really use help with if you could? Dealing with scenes that have multiple vp's and inclined planes in them. That's killing me lately. Also, scale. I have the worst time with scaling thing and people to fit a scene and the things I admire most are works that have this epic scale like the matte paintings or concepts people do that are like, huge city scenes. That's what I'm trying to work on now and I'm HORRIBLE at it. :)

umbrellasky
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi there!

You know what I could really use help with if you could? Dealing with scenes that have multiple vp's and inclined planes in them. That's killing me lately. Also, scale. I have the worst time with scaling thing and people to fit a scene and the things I admire most are works that have this epic scale like the matte paintings or concepts people do that are like, huge city scenes. That's what I'm trying to work on now and I'm HORRIBLE at it. :)

That would be cool :) I'm have some perspective books that I've started studying but tutorials like this makes things simple and more understandable, And we can ask questions to a person who will reply, not a book that won't lol

Thanks again!

splinefish
09-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for these tutorials. Really looking forward to upcoming ones.

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 09:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.