PDA

View Full Version : New here.

Ebony-chan
08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I just learned photoshop a few months ago so please forgive the bad art here I'm somewhat of a first timer. Please people if you can please do paint-overs or red-lines they help me better because I have a really hard time understanding words. I'm more of a visual person so if I don't respond to your feed-back it's not because I don't want to listen it's because I may have a hard time understanding it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Ebony-chan/Brokencitypainting111.jpg

Segvoia
08-27-2005, 01:46 AM
My opinion - this is pretty promising for someone new to Photoshop. What exactly are you looking for in a critique? Is any particular thing giving you a problem? The reason I ask is because this is a very stylized piece.

Ebony-chan
08-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Well I was wondering was the perspective ok. The light source isn't strong enough yet so I'm going to work on the make the figure pop out more to the viewer and push the background back a bit more. thanks for the feed-back.

Segvoia
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
You're welcome.
Because it's still in a rough state, I can't really determine if you have major perspective problems. I think there might be an issue with the leg thats further away from the veiwer, the calf seems like it should be slightly more pronounced, but again, I think you should fill in a bit more detail and then repost the image.

Hopefully others will also chime in with help.

You should also study some of the other posters' images here to get familiar with lighting. I was looking at some of Yeoh's work recently and thought the use of lighting was very good. Do a search for that user and take a look at some of their images.

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.