PDA

View Full Version : Blend shape trouble

nanimator
08-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Okay this is a niggly situation.

I have got as far as rigging my character, smooth skinning has been applied, IK's all work fine,
I've used a number of clusters to deform the mesh which is a polygon wrap, deforming a subDsurface. I need to create some facial animation.

The problem occuring is that the head is a single surface, deforming a single surface sub_d head. I duplicate the wrap object, create my target, apply the blend shape. When I move my slider to create the required expression, the bendshape creates it, but the head moves slightly out of position.

I have changed the deformation order, I have used the default blend shape options.

I have even tried to remove all my iK's and return the chacter to the bind pose, but even this seems to not work.

What I have noticed is that if I detach the skin from any of the wrap objects all the objects slightly move.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very pleased because otherwise I'm going to have to key frame my facial animation which I don't want to do.

Nanimator

JFFORTIN
08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
dont duplicate ur head straight on ur rig the problem is if u have spline ik ur back will moved slitly and so ur mesh.
unskinned ur character and create ur shape sohuld fix the problem.

nanimator
08-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I sussed out the problem.

I tried to stick a spline IK on the character, that moved it a little bit.

I'm using expressions on the hip and spine, I had to break these connections remove all my IK, then I was able to return the character to its bind pose.

Now I can keep the body skinned while I can still place the blend shapes on to the character.

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2005, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.