PDA

View Full Version : Female

Silentshout
08-26-2005, 09:36 AM
This is what i'm working on right now. I started with the feet and went upwards, for the torso i used Andrew loomis "ideal woman" as reference and then changed it a little since i don't think it's the ideal woman.

Augh
08-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Looks like a pretty clean start, the proportions seem solid enough, though I always find it hard to judge without the head or hands, or both ;) Can see where they are going but the back topology seems redundant atm, or I should say unused, this probably is just due to current level of mesh work, you're going to detail further right? Sorry if this is stupid question.

For now I would look at the shoulders and upper arms, the outline mostly, could use a little more whats the word... conviction in the shaping I guess.

FabioMSilva
08-26-2005, 10:20 AM
good start. the legs are too skinny tought. keep it up:thumbsup:

Silentshout
08-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Augh: Yes i'm still working on detail, and i also think that the shoulders need work, i kinda got stuck there so i started on the hands instead. :D Thanks!

The solid snake: Thanks, and yes the legs are too skinny... but i like them som much... hmm guess i'll change them a little. :)

Now with hands!
Still working on the hands... and maybe the arms are a little too short.. not sure.

hoodedpython
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Looking good, are you going to give her a head.

Silentshout
08-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Looking good, are you going to give her a head.

Yes... i'm starting on the head soon. :)

dees
08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
hi susan,...

Planning it to end up as a high poly model (subD-ed) or a low poly character ?
and
What's teh software modelling platform currently you are using ?

:thumbsup: the lines you have are pretty basic layout and it works fine for a low poly character. But if you plan to subD it (or meshsmooth it - in MAX) it could change the proportion and overall shape a bit :D.
NO worry tho, try add the subD modifier or the meshsmooth iteration 2, to have a brief look at the high-poly result. :)

:beer: "promising result"
dees

Silentshout
08-26-2005, 04:28 PM
hi susan,...

Planning it to end up as a high poly model (subD-ed) or a low poly character ?
and
What's teh software modelling platform currently you are using ?

:thumbsup: the lines you have are pretty basic layout and it works fine for a low poly character. But if you plan to subD it (or meshsmooth it - in MAX) it could change the proportion and overall shape a bit :D.
NO worry tho, try add the subD modifier or the meshsmooth iteration 2, to have a brief look at the high-poly result. :)

:beer: "promising result"
dees

Hi and thanks!
Well i'm not sure, maybe i'll make one lowpoly and one highpoly..? Hmm..
I'm working in Maya.

I'll probably do some tests and we'll see how it turns out! :D

Silentshout
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
So.. now i made the head, not entirely satisfied with it though... still got no ears... maybe i'll cover it with hair :D

Also made her legs a little bigger/fatter...

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.