PDA

View Full Version : bone groupings

chaostest
08-26-2005, 07:41 AM
i just rigged a model,gave the skelegons names,but when i send it to layout the heirarchy still lists the bones as bone 1,bone 2,etc. i guess i could go through the bones,and see what gets selected but i would like to have a solution for the future...........one more thing,whats the meaning of null......thanks for the help

telamon
08-26-2005, 10:30 AM
save your model, send it to layout and redo the skelegon conversion. There is no reason for the skelegons to loose their name.

Concerning the nulls, they are dummy object very useful for placing things, animating other things and so on.

I strongly suggest you had a look in LW's manual where all the answers to your questions are.

chaostest
08-27-2005, 05:27 PM
thanks telemon for the reply,i was thinking maybe i didnt name the bones in the right place or something,i did display tab>selection\grouping////change part name,then i named all the skelegons one by one,or three for the fingers............... about the manual,i bought this computer from a friend and the program was on here,i may have messed up the pdf manuals when i was dissecting things,i have know clue, also i was wondering if there was a way to undo freeze in modeler,i was checking for creases but forgot to undo b4 i saved,now its in freeze when i load it in modeler

evenflcw
08-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Part Name? Although skelegons does indeed have a part name assigned to them by default (I didn't know that myself!), they also have their own atribute... Skelegon Name. Look for the Rename Skelegon command or use Skelegon Tree for a more schematic view of all skelegons, doubleclick to rename.

chaostest
08-27-2005, 05:58 PM
by default there named bone 1(01)bone 01(01)etc. when you go into the heirarchy,but thats kinda time consuming to have to figure what they are while you adjust heirarchy, i did just finish renaming them for the second time,but i did right in heirarchy,click the bone,see which one gets selected then rename accordingly

uncommongrafx
08-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Seems as though you got everything from your friend in that you have a dongle to play with. If that is the case, you should try to get it registered in your name so you can get to the manual. It really would be of benefit to you to take a read.

chaostest
08-27-2005, 11:35 PM
whats a dongle

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2005, 11:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.