PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Model Action Figures

nubian
08-26-2005, 07:33 AM
do you model your action-figures in their dynamic pose or do you model them in a t pose?
since i need to build up on my modeling skills i still need to import image planes into my app.
i have some action figures i want to model but i would like to know how do most of you model your action figures.

thanks in advance

Cozmo
08-29-2005, 08:43 AM
It actually depends on the type of character you're modelling, if he's going to perform some really extreme pose you'd better model him in that extreme pose, I saw that on the maya hyper realistic dvd series. T-stance works for most cases so stick to it if it's not an extreme or exaggerated pose

Cozmo
08-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Besides it's wiser to model in a T pose simply because you model half the character and then mirror him, and when you rig him you can put him in any pose basically

so you can model him in a dynamic pose if you want but it would be better if it is a symmetrical pose, that's what I meant earlier

nubian
09-14-2005, 02:10 AM
extremely sorry for the late reply.
school has been kicking my ass.
i'm going to take some pictures soon and hopefully you can tell me whether it would be advised to model the figure in the t or extreme pose.

Detok
09-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I normally always model in the "t" style. But I never put my arms are a perfect 90, I like to angle them down a bit. *shrugs*

SajNT
09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
The "T" pose, is what's described as the netural pose.

It is also assuring that your character goes back to that "T" pose when its "ctrls" are all set to zero, instead of a dynamic Jordan high flying pose. If there's cloth on the character, its even more necessary to start of in that pose for the fabric to sim itself into position. There's really no reason why a charcacter is modelled into in any other way than a T-pose. As that's the basic foundation to wherever you wanna bring it into later! ; j

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.