PDA

View Full Version : rigging - head/neck/jaw bone structure

akewt
11-04-2002, 12:04 PM
has anyone got a link to an image that shows the points where the neck head and jaw should rotate so i can setup a good realistic bone structure. its essential that its anatomically correct. (tried grays and cnat find a figure). otherwise you could draw on this image.

thanbks in advance

tsuru
11-05-2002, 07:54 PM
www.fineart.sk is a good place to start... check out the misc area for skeleton structures etc. images.google.com can also be of use too.

akewt
11-06-2002, 08:44 AM
cheers dude, i'll check it out. quite new to rigging, in fact i'm a complete novice!! start with the hard stuff! a head...

Stahlberg
11-07-2002, 05:45 AM
I've never seen an anatomy book explain exactly where the axis of rotation are so here: for the atlas, the highest joint of the spine: the green one is the Y rotation (in a Y-up scene), the blue one is the X-rotation. The lower blue one shows the lowest joint of the neck.

Note that the spine is thicker than most people think, and also note that each vertebrae pivot-point is located close to the inner side. All this puts the spine joints much deeper inside the thorax than most people would assume.

http://www.androidblues.com/headscreengrabv.jpg

akewt
11-07-2002, 09:28 AM
thats brilliant stahlberg. just what i needed to get it looking right. i found the jaw position in the grays anatomy figures, just couldnt find where the head and neck rotates from. :)

[edit] just seen your thread of the indian girl, thought i'd post my congrats here. you obviously know what your talking about. expressions are great aswell!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.