PDA

View Full Version : Help: When modeling feet for a character...

isnowboard
11-04-2002, 08:12 AM
When you model feet for a human character, do the toes have to be spread out like the hands? I'm currently modeling a foot, but I find that the points for the toes overlap. This is fine now, but I want to animate later, and will this be a problem, or should I model the toes totally spread out in a non realistic way now, so it's easier later? How do you do it? What do you do?

Eugeny
11-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Weight maps ...

ub52
11-04-2002, 03:44 PM
What Eugeny said is true. A little elaboration may help though. By assigning weight maps to points in modeler and then assigning those same weight maps to bones you can isolate parts of your model to only be affected by a particular bone or group of bones.

In your case the points of each toe would be assigned to correspondingly named weight maps, lets say "piggie1_L" for the left big toe "piggie2_L" for the next one and so on. Then each of these weight maps would be assigned to the bone or bones that you want to affect that toe. You can do this in modeler using the Skelegon Tree.

- ub52

isnowboard
11-04-2002, 04:32 PM
Full thanks to ub52 and Eugeny, you get half. ;) I haven't used weight maps yet, so something for me to play with and read about, when I'm not modeling. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.