PDA

View Full Version : Joint orientation maya 6

m0nicle
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Ok well Im not an extremely experienced modeler with maya first off so detalied help is greatly appreciated.
Anyways Im at the point where ive rigged my character and painting skin weights but ive noticed that the orientation of the joints are all correct from the waist up. but from the wait down the hip joint are all out of wack and the knees/ankles/toes orientation is different from the rest of the model. Ive rigged it with a smooth bind for the skin/mesh (probably aparent seeing as im painting skin weights right?) anyways how can I fix these joints so that they conform to the rest of the model without having to completely redo all my skin weights?

JohnPark
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
As you've probably found out, you can't reorient the joints while the skin is bound. It make a mess of you mesh.
One way is to do it is: export your skin weights, detach the skin, fix the joint orients, rebind, and finally import your skin weights.
-JP

m0nicle
08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
whats the best way of fixing the joint orients? is there a way i can just manually line them up or anything? Mabe ill post some pictures so people can kinda see my dilemma.

Andrei2k
08-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Skeleton>Orient Joint. Also look Orient joint in Help of how to.

michaelcomet
08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
I also have both free Orient Joint and Save Weight scripts on my website. Both may help you here.

JohnPark
08-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Michael's joint orient script is great, you're sure to love it!
-JP

m0nicle
08-26-2005, 03:45 AM
right on ill check it out. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2005, 03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.