PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas on Postprocessing Tecniques?

saftan
08-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Hello, all you filmmakers out there!

I have an idea on a really cool shortfilm, but I still need to solve some (strictly technical) issues before I can get to shooting the actual scenes.

I am aware of the "trickieness" in this, but I am honestly grateful of ANY suggestions on how to create this, as it has it has a major part in the whole plot.

A person is to make love to her/him self. (kind of like the love-scene in fightclub with the same suggestive and impressionistic feeling)
Give it a thought, why don't you!

/Saftan, digital artist - Stockholm

ZaKKoS
08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry but i don't get what you're looking for...

igorsandman
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
He's looking for ideas I guess.

I would suggest you try to find it by yourself. Not that I don't want to help, but if you want to add a specific scene in your film, you should visualize it first. To help you find something, maybe you should ask yourself why you want that scene? What do you want to show? How can you accentuate the loneliness of the character?
I don't know if this helps, but your question is pretty weird:)
Good luck with your project.
-IS-

ZaKKoS
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought it too but if this is the case the title is 'a little bit' misleading:shrug:

we're waiting for clarifications saftan

sundialsvc4
09-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Hmm... a person (older than age 13) making love to himself? Okay, I just can't imagine any short-film on the subject of masturbation being terribly interesting or terribly visual ... so maybe the first thing to do is to review your choice of subject.

If you're really going to do the project, then where you're at right now is the idea stage. You've got an idea, I don't personally think it's a very good idea, but it's shocking and forbidden and all of that and ... hey ... it is your idea. The question now is what are you going to do with it? How are you going to take this shocking, forbidden idea and turn it into a story that you can actually tell in purely-visual terms, and that someone over the age of 13 is actually going to want to watch.

Perhaps .. and I say perhaps ... you could do it as a set-piece, sort of a Woody Allen type piece, where the subject of the screen play is "a person who makes love to himself" and what you are actually showing is how this person interacts with his environment and how his environment interacts with him. And let me give you a hint: nothing about genitalia is going to make this picture fly. People aren't interested in what other people do to, or with, their genitalia. That's not love, that's not sex, and it's not going to carry a picture. You've got to make this poor fellow into a damned interesting character. (Or perhaps an interesting, but damned, one?)

It would be a very, very difficult piece to do, and frankly if you think that you are anywhere close to shooting anything, you haven't thought about it much yet.

saftan
09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
OH NO! LAGUAGE BARRIERS!!!
As I wrote in the biginning of my first post, my english is a subject in need of developement!
And once again it brings some "slight" missunderstandings...

I'll try to explain the real problems in the projekt, so please bare with me...

The main character is to "interact" with A COPY OF HIMSELF! , Imagin the scene in Mortal Combat where our hero is fighting a mirror-character of himself. As you'll notice, the technical difficulties would be to fake the frames where the faces interact with each other. a.i. for instance a kiss.
SO... PHEW.... Hopefully not too many of you judged me as being a perverted filmmaker,
I must say, I had a near heart attack when I noticed the responses that i got from my first thread.

Thanks for you patience!

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.