PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush Box Set

fletchman
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I wanted to share this coz it has made me real happy :bounce: Pixelogic is offering a box set with printed manual and Quick reference guide. To me that is a godsend as i can physically read and get up to speed with it. This makes for a perfect purchase:

Boxset (http://pixologic.com/order/purchasewin.html)

(Me digs out his credit card) :love:

meats
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it's great to have a printed manual!

marcus-civis
08-25-2005, 03:30 PM

And you get a Meats picture on the cover - could anyone wish for more?! :)

meats
08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
And you get a Meats picture on the cover - could anyone wish for more?! :)
Lol, Marcus. Yes, sadly, for every upside there is usually a horrible downside as well... ;)

marcus-civis
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, sadly, for every upside there is usually a horrible downside as well... ;)

Too right! I get depressed just looking at your art... if only I had such talent! :) Joking apart, your art is an inspiration. Nice work for Maya7 too! :thumbsup:

Sequent
08-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Cool news! And a reasonable price too... $30 for the manual and materials.

DorisDay
08-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Not available in Europe though...:sad:

Well at least not for a few weeks...

dann_stubbs
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM

aw crap. i just bought Zbrush last week (was waiting until after siggraph in case of any announcements)

did i totally miss this option? i really like manuals - as it is a pain in the - to have to flip between pdf and zbrush while learning.

where can i purchase just the box set stuff...?

dann

dann_stubbs
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
aw crap. i just bought Zbrush last week (was waiting until after siggraph in case of any announcements)

did i totally miss this option? i really like manuals - as it is a pain in the - to have to flip between pdf and zbrush while learning.

where can i purchase just the box set stuff...?

dann

why sure i can - just have to look at the main zbrush page to see the option for it : )

dann

Art2
08-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Not available in Europe though...:sad:

Well at least not for a few weeks...

Do you mean they won't ship the boxset to Europe yet?
Where did you read this?
If it's true I'll just wait a few weeks before buying...
or buy the cd, download and buy the box later :)

meats
08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Quoted from Aurick on Zbrushcentral:

Once again: Boxes are in transit to Europe. As soon as the boxes reach Element 5's distribution center in Germany, the boxes will be able to be ordered in Europe as well. I'd say to try again in a week or so -- we don't have any control over the shipping lanes, so can't give much of an estimate in that respect. As for the rest of the world, it will most likely be on a country-by-country basis. Some nations are very strict about imports, and some aren't.

This was written 6 days ago.....

:)

marcus-civis
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Do you mean they won't ship the boxset to Europe yet?
Where did you read this?
If it's true I'll just wait a few weeks before buying...
or buy the cd, download and buy the box later :)

There's no need to wait before buying ZBrush. The boxed sets for Europe are on their way to the disributor. And like the US, you will be able to buy the box (including a DVD style case to keep your backup disc if you have one) even if you purchased the download version. (The only thing missing is the Pixologic disk and license.) IIRC the price will be about 30 Euros. Also, if you buy now you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you'll get the 2.5 update for nothing. :)

DorisDay
08-31-2005, 04:57 PM
All this for an empty box... only ZBrush can do this...:thumbsup:

Art2
08-31-2005, 05:06 PM
I just bought Zbrush and the boxset is still not available.
As I understand the box will not be completely empty :D

fletchman
09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I just purchased the Box set from Safe Harbor and will be getting it next week. As marcus_civis pointed out, even though you may have purchased the download version, you pay US$30 for the manuals and CD. I suppose you might need to contact Pixelogic on how to go about it. I wanted to get it from Pixelogic's main website but aparently they don't ship to where I live. Luckily, I have made purchases through Safe Harbor and they are one of the distributor's of Zbrush.

Safe Habor Zbrush (http://www.sharbor.com/products/PLON0310004.html)
Me rubs my hands in glee awaiting Zbrush :applause:

Balusilustalu
09-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Where can one find pricing on these pretty boxsets (including a license) when buying through the European distributor? This looks great!

dann_stubbs
09-03-2005, 07:15 PM
why sure i can - just have to look at the main zbrush page to see the option for it : )

wow! i already received my box and manual. very nice manual and that is a great low price at $30.

very nice to have!

dann

fletchman
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Lucky you, dude! I am way across the other side of the world and they have yet to ship it. Probably due to my ordering together with a DVD from Kurvstudios on Intro to Zbrush. :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.