PDA

View Full Version : No edge selected error

hybrid11
08-25-2005, 07:40 AM
I am currently modelling a head in subpatches and i selected a row or circle of polygons (in order) around the head then try to use the Cut tool but I get the "No edge selected" error. It works for some group of polys but for some, it returns that error. Just by looking at the polys which wont cut in two, I dont see any difference from the ones that do. Anyone know why this is happenening?
thanks

proton
08-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to duplicate this with no luck....could you post what your object looks like and I will try and build similar to test

hybrid11
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
heres a pic of an old version of the model, I was trying to select the forehead and all the other polygons going around the head so I could split them in two
http://www.geocities.com/miztix/hipolyhead8.jpg
ill post a wireframe of it tomorrow and ill highlight what part i was trying to use the Cut tool on, btw even with bandsaw it gives me that error since they are both pretty similar anyways

hybrid11
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
alright i figured out the problem, I was modelling my model in subpatches but in other layer I had a plane for render purposes, and I had the layer selected along with my head model layer, ands thats why I was getting the no edge error. Really stupid problem, anyways thanks for trying to duplicate the problem :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.