PDA

View Full Version : spline IK

nanimator
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Has anyone got any tips on creating an efficient spine set up.

I'm really looking for some tips that might be useful to create a convincing spine controls.

I usually just set up constraints on each joint in the spine, but this can be a bit time consuming.

I'm looking to use the splie IK, but when I set this up, it can tend to try to minutly straighten the spine, not that much only a tincy bit but i'd prefer it didn't happen.

If anyone has any usefull tips on using the spline IK, it could be handy.

Nan

Ps. Some of the pics from my project can be seen on the link below

http://www.nanimator.co.uk/Html_pages/Death%20warrant.htm

darkjedi1929
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
your problem is that you are keeping the simplify curve option on when you create the IK. Turn it off. Your spine will stay in place, a small side effect being you are gonna get more CVs on the curve....

Try this out. Select only your spine joints, goto Skeleton>Set Prefferred Angle options. Select the option that says "selected joint" and click Apply. Now try to create the spline IK with simplify curves on. There is a small chance that it *might* work. Its just an idea....

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.