PDA

View Full Version : resetting source dir

mswertfager
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Anyone know where I can change the source dir for maya 6 or 7 on Windows?

I have yet to find the dir which maya is using for the source command. Maya cannot not find scripts when placed in:

c:\documents and settings\"user name"\My Documents\maya\scripts

c:\documents and settings\"user name"\My Documents\maya\6.0\scripts

c:\documents and settings\"user name"\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts

Added path for mel scripts in the environment vars, with no luck.

Sytax used source "test.mel";

RESPONSE: Cannot find file for "test.mel" for source statemet;

(the script test.mel does exist)

Referencing the complete path is successful, but it a pain to always do.

source "c:\\documents and settings\\"user name\\My Documents\\maya\\7.0\\scripts\\test.mel;

I have restarted the computer as well, but "no dice".

-Michael

bruegger
08-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Adding the desired directory path to MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH in your Maya.env file should do the trick.

To be safe you might want to add it to the Maya.env file in:

c:\documents and settings\"user name"\My Documents\maya\

This file is used for all versions of Maya (The Maya.env in c:\documents and settings\"user name"\My Documents\maya\6.0, on the other hand, is only used when you launch a 6.0 version of Maya)

mswertfager
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Sounds like the solution I was looking for.

Oddly enough I have found my Maya.env file completely empty, and other information suppose to be in there which I would be needing?

-Michael

bruegger
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Nothing you need by default. But every now and then you'll come across a Maya environment variable that you want to set (like MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH or MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH), sometimes a studio's pipeline might rely on custom environment variables being set (e.g. to point to an images directory, or a props directory), and then occasionally you'll find a plug-in or MEL script which expects an environment variable to be set a certain way.

macaroniKazoo
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
if you add new scripts while maya is running, you have to type "rehash" to make maya find them. this functionality was added in maya 6.0 - see the docs for more info.

mswertfager
08-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks bruegger (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=72407) and macaroniKazoo (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=46750),

Helpful information to know.

-Michael vbmenu_register("postmenu_2583839", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_2573802", true);

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2005, 05:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.