PDA

View Full Version : Collisions with objects

deeaamon
08-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok Guys,

I know it seems like an easy thing to do but i am having a heck of a time getting two objects to collide and bounce off each other.

I red through the documentation but still can't seem to get it to work the objects just pass right through each other

I have two simple balls that I added the collision dynamic too then used key frames to move the balls closer to each other. When they get to each other they just pass right on through.

Im very new to lightwave and just can't seem to get the knack of collisions.

Thanks
Darrell

blaqDeaph
08-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Check out the scene.

If you are using 2 HardFX balls, you need to set the Interaction to be "Sphere". This is because since theres no collision object in the scene, LW does not know what to calcuate collisions with. If you want an alternative that gives you more control over the collisions, you should either make 1 ball a collision, or make a vertical plane right where they collide, this way, although the camera does not see the plane, it appears as though the balls hit each other and collide.

LightwaveGuy
08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Best way to learn the Dynamics system is to keep trying and experimenting.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.