PDA

View Full Version : In search of......

Animark
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Heres a character i sketched up and am planning on building and animating for a short 3 to 5 minute short, any crit would be nice, cheers:wise:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/Markobuz/insearchoftombofigababa.jpg

Sternum
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Great piece of work, I think the image has a lot of character and can see this becoming a really fun and entertaining animation. With regards to feed back, I dont know if you are planning to colour or build up the concept work you have posted here, but a few things that I think you should have a look at is the arm on the Monkey, the one reaching out, the foreshortening looks slightly weird and could do with some adjusting, its mainly at the shoulder area where the arm joins the body.

The back foot on the main character (Boy) seems a little odd as well, this needs just slight adjusting maybe in scale and shape, it looks as if its a left foot instead of a right foot as well.

And lastly the wrinkles in the Main characters t-shirt, on his back, near the hips, and at the point where the bag touches the back seem to flow in a direction that works against the rest of the body, i.e. it does not seem concentric to the form of the body, its nothing major, and it may be how you intended.

When you come to painting it up, if you do, try and increase the size of the white area around the image just to give yourself more freedom, as the whole composition is packed quite tightly in the canvas.

Thats about it really, It is still a concept so there's no point in me going on, but I think it is a fantastic piece and I cant wait to see the concept coloured up, modelled and developed into an animation.

S.

LOL Sqwark like a chicken.

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.