PDA

View Full Version : Installing/Setting License files

herbsd1
08-24-2005, 02:10 AM
How do you set the SPM_HOST to your machine that the License file is installed on? I can't find SPM_Host in the System variables section. My computer name: VAIO. I only have: "FP_NO_HOST_CHECK" as the variable with a "NO" value.
Thanks

Atyss
08-24-2005, 03:11 AM
If I remember correctly, when you install the SPM, you don't have anything to set as far as machine name goes. The SPM is a service that runs at startup, so any XSI that connects locally or remotely to the SPM machine should be able to fetch its license.

On the other hand, when you install XSI, you have to either specify the machine name onto wich the SPM server is installed, or the IP address. If you are in a studio, the IP address is preferable, while if you are at home or in a very small studio (where IPs are given by the ISP) the machine name may be preferable. You add this at the end of the installation, when you can test if the SPM server can be reached. Simply enter the machine name/IP address and click the Add button.

Cheers
Bernard

Wedurhoelner
08-24-2005, 08:27 AM
the variable you are looking for is set in the setenv.bat from xsi. You can easily locate it by firing up the "user tools" from the start menu, there you get a list of the relevant textfiles. Go edit setenv.bat and look for a line that looks similar to that one below (it's somewhere towards the end of the file):

set _SPM_HOST=192.168.0.4

In my case it's the IP of the machine where the spm is running, just put the IP of yours in and it should work. If you switch the dongle to another box, just alter the IP number.

Cheers,
W.

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2005, 08:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.