PDA

View Full Version : I need to make a five minute movie or trailer as some would have it.

Higher Vision
08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey all. Hello. I am Higher Vision.

Yes, this is rude, very rude, and by rude I mean someone like me intruding on such great and talented peoples such as yourselves with a silly little request. Oh how inferior most probably I am. Though it is a concern I have hardly any talent in the field of making a movie, but only through a movie can my designs be realised. So many ideas,and no time to draw them all, oh it hurts my head so, with all the ideas moving and changing. Movies will soon become my outlet for the ideas, but only if I learn how to make them, yes that is a big obstacle.

Or....a Trailer, yes indeed, very much so, a trailer would be most compelling...I daresay that would be better.

Ahh you see, I have been writing a sci-fi story for some time now, yes some time that would be about five months now..... and it has grown rather large I must say, even onto the beginning of I would call a Novel, yes, yes a novel it must become. However a novel isnt enough, in some sense novels take long times to write, and lots of people who I know as colleagues dont have lots of time, or you could call it...patience, and now I really want to see it in action, of course all movies have some sort of action..very much so, as you know in all beuatiful colours and clarity! Colours and Clarity indeed.

So a few questions, questions about movies... hopefully you will be able to answer since I have come to the elitest CGI forum in world, hopefully you know.

To make a movie, as CGI type movie, what software I need to use to make one. Music is no problem, and I assume speaking is also no problem if you buy a microphone. . I have seen very nice movies in this site, and although I am not that good, I do have near half a year to make a 5-min movie...

How long do movies take to make, yes, perhaps I have jumped into the deep end would you think? But in either case any result is good.

Oh yes, if anyone wants to see a brief description of the story please feel free to ask, tis no problem at all, not at all.

Well, I would suppsoe I have left something of dire importance out in this request, but as my mind would have it forgotten for the time being, yes forgotten is very true, but not for long. And again does Higher Vision for his n00bness as a n00b he is at the moment, oh how very silly, lol a "n00b"

Ciao.

frinkky
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Wow, your enquiry seems to be written almost as a narrative from a story itself. Still, I think i understood it:

You have a story (or a sufficiently large proportion of one)
You want to see it realised, using CG.
You want create the CG yourself.
You want to know what software to use.

Well, software. Hmm. Its all up to you. Try some demo's to see which software you get on with. Some will vote for 3ds max, others c4d, some may go for maya. I use c4d, as I prefer its intuitive interface, swift workflow and excellent rendering capabilities. It is very good for architectural type stuff, which you may find easier for things like ships. Of course, if you have a lot of character animation involved, you'd be better looking at maya or softimage xsi for this element.

I'd love to have a look at the brief synopsis. I believe my email is available in my user details.

Anyway, I hope this gives you a better idea which way to turn. If you have any further questions, just let me know.

TTFN

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.