PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow section ?

paulselhi
08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
As RF is gaining in popularity..probably due to the freebie !! I wondered why a RF sub forum has not been set up yet

I know NL have a forum ( very stagnant) then again so do most app houses but we stiil have forums for the likes of Maya, LW etc

Is RF just too rssource hungrey and slow to be of any interest except for those with farms of crays ? ( ohh do crays still exsist !!)

DuttyFoot
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
it would be cool,if they had a realflow section on here. i am using the evaluation version and its great.

paulselhi
08-23-2005, 08:47 PM
I am whiling away a few years trying to settle a fluid of 70000 particles. I am no programmer but i am sure that it would not be too difficlut to let the fluid settlle to say the shape of a bowl then have some way of detecting the position of the particles and then autommatically adjust their positions to give a uniform distribution.. i would have thought a few mins/secs to do

I mean if the program could read in the basic shape of the fluid whilst it is in a bowl, then work out the positions of all the particles that are in contact with the bowl it should be fairly straight forward to calculate the needed positions of all the intervening particles to give it a totally uniform, no sploshing configuration

DuttyFoot
08-23-2005, 09:44 PM
i ordered the digital tutors realflow dvd and one of the tuts they go over pouring fluids in a cup. you can check out the dvd on digital-tutors.com
i hope it will have what you are looking for. also did you check out to see if any tutorials on nextlimits site help with what you are trying to achieve. also you can check out some of the videos on there gallery section.

if you dont mind me asking whats a cray

paulselhi
08-24-2005, 12:31 AM
i bought the DT vids..very good as an intoduction.but that is all a basic introduction. though the water drop tutorial is very good

a cray is (was) a supercomputer

sadghost
08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Is the REALFLOW that you guys are talking about the 3D MAX version ? if it is ..the thread that you are requesting should start in the 3d max resources forum .. you guys might want to start posting there to create the thread that you want

Myliobatidae
08-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Is the REALFLOW that you guys are talking about the 3D MAX version ? if it is ..the thread that you are requesting should start in the 3d max resources forum .. you guys might want to start posting there to create the thread that you want

Realflow is a stand-alone app, there are plugins to connect to it max, maya, C4d etc...

FloydBishop
08-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I'd love to see a RealFlow section myself. Has anyone posted anything about it in the support forum? With such a range of apps it can work with, I think the community base is there for the forum to be warranted, and it could grow at a pretty steady clip as well.

paulselhi
08-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Here is the result of todays tinkering rendered in cinema4d

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/stuff/rfdrop3.mov 2.8 MB QT

Zack Attack
08-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah it would be pretty sweat to have a real flow section then at least that way i could find out how to get waves i made in to lW 8 ahh.

FloydBishop
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Here is the result of todays tinkering rendered in cinema4d

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/stuff/rfdrop3.mov 2.8 MB QT

Hey, that's pretty nice. Did you know that RealFlow/Next Limit is looking for tutorials on specific fluid situations, and the single drop effect is one of them? You should write this up and submit it. I think they have prizes for the tutorials they select.

paulselhi
08-24-2005, 03:56 PM
er..well.. i simply followed a digital tutors tutorial and did some tinkering !!!

DuttyFoot
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
i posted a really interesting article i found on vfx.com. its about fluid simulations. its in the discussions area

huyenvu
08-25-2005, 06:38 AM
i agree to open the forum section for realFlow, i think it's a cool sofware to do liquid, it's very intelligent in simulation.

Ls3D
08-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Just thought I would add my support for a RealFlow section - I have a full license & about 4 days experience now. NL's user forum is just not active enough for my style, & some of the sample scene files do not work (in max7) - so there is our first task.

-Shea

Ls3D
08-30-2005, 11:56 PM
BTW - I added a POLL per the admin notes, if you are subscribed to this thread please vote here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=272157&highlight=realflow).

-Shea

DoF
09-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Absolutely!
A site which purports to further learning and excellence in all facets of high-end CG definitely deserves a section on Realflow, for all the reasons listed here by members, and reasons which I have set out in my post in the RealFlow poll [the thread next to this one]

If you are serious about RF, please also read the posts in that thread.

Go with the Flow!

ENSLAVER
09-08-2005, 06:03 AM
i was going to ask an rf question but couldn't work out to post, didn't want to get flamed for psoting it in the wrong section.. so i didn't post, after searching i found this - so i'll add my support :)

paulselhi
09-12-2005, 10:31 AM
If anyone is interested in sharing knowledge of special effects techniques and RF then i have set up a new site for this.. it is in it's early phase and needs a bit of testing out..cookies, posting etc

There is no way that this is to compete with cgtalk..just another venue this time specializing in SFX, i hope it becomes useful to a few people

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/ipbsfx/

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2005, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.