PDA

View Full Version : strange bug in modeler!

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 06:37 PM
what`s up with these gums? been working on this character for a while and everything`s just peachy then all of a sudden lw decides to go mental!. get this strange dark line when i delete half of the object and get these messed up polys when i mirror/merge the object. please help me pleeaase

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 06:39 PM
mirror part of the problem

CTRL+X
11-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Possibly two point polygons?? they always seem to pop up while mesh editing. if you've been splitting poly's and such ,, Press the "W" key to get your model info in front of you and go through your models polys making sure there are no less than 3, or great er than 4 polys.

wgreenlee1
11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Yep,I'd say that bottom poly section is not all tris or quads.
Either that or he has hit the mirrorr button twice and and has overlapping duplicate polys.
You might want to take your first side then check the poly count and then mirror and check it again to see if it's only doubled exactly.
You might try also to merge points to and check for two point polys.

If you want,you could post thye file itself and we could check it out.

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 07:02 PM
polys and points look fine in the statistics panel it must be something else:)

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Shit! i think i just figure it out....shitshitshit!!! the entire object has been multiplied into the same space quatum time rift( in the excactly same place) hmm so anybody has a clue about how i can remove one of them? shit i really don`t wanna remodell the entire thing:annoyed:

CTRL+X
11-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Select just on poly, by doing so you will actually select two polys if they are right on top of each other,, then, with those two polys selected hit the "I" key a dialog will appear where you can deslect one poly or the other and return to your model space,, with that one poly selected hit the "]" key to select all the polys of the one copy and remover that object.

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 07:22 PM
hmm the ] thingy didn`t work but when i selected them in persepctive view i cold delete the extras but thanks a bundle now i can sleep well

funkyfoe
11-03-2002, 07:35 PM
the ] thingy DID work!.... genious!!! sorry for the mixup this tool rocks! thanks man:beer:

ps. yes i will stop spaming now

Yiorgz
11-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Have you tried SHIFT + ] that's even cooler :-) There's some fantastic stuff in the manuals.. just sad that most people don't bother reading them. All those trees... dead for nothing..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.