PDA

View Full Version : How can a make nose, eyes, mouth,ears using NURBS in Maya? Pic inside.

frontjibi
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
http://groups.msn.com/CaribbeanComicAssociationWalagraph/lordknows.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=550

I modeled this basic head shape using NURBS tool. But from this point on, i don't have a clue what to do. I want to model it's nose, eyes and mouth. But how do i do it? Should i make them seperatly? or is it possible to create them on this same surface?

I really need to know. So please help me out here.

Thanks.

bloggo_12
09-07-2005, 03:11 AM
u might wanna try searching the net for tuts. they will be alot more effective then lines of text u may get here. just google " maya tutorials".

Tallacus
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
what you should do for modelling with NURBS is from my book, use three curves one for the outline for the top of the mouth to the end of the neck the otehr one gpomg frp, your start point to form out the base of the neck switch to different orthographic views to define the depth of the head, next a last curve to form the jaw out, then select all three and loft, add and pull isoparms then use lofted nurbs circles and a sphere blend them in, you could use pull hulls around the nose area then mirror

hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.