PDA

View Full Version : "Simple" dynamics question...

Sbowling
08-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Ok, we've all heard how great the dynamics in lightwave are and... well, I have yet to see them not suck. All I'm trying to do is smash a collision object through a brick wall. I have a simple collision object, a brick wall made up of 30x30 individual bricks (that do not intersect in any way) and a ground collision object. I've tried everything I can think of and every time I get the exact same result. The collision object will push the entire wall off of the first row of bricks and at the same time push a few bricks out of the center of the wall. A couple times I've seen bricks start floating up in the aire even though gravity is on. So, I guess the real question is, did they hose dynamics in 8.3? They've been breaking so many things with each release it's hard to keep track of what is currently working/broken.

Phyrea
08-23-2005, 07:21 AM
They work fine here. I've used them in a variety of scenes (hard body, soft body, and cloth). You may want to check out some video tutorials or something to learn the basics.

HowardM
08-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Dynamics work the same in 8.3 as they do in 8....while they arent the best thing in the world, they dont always SUCK....you just need to learn the voodoo magic that is LWFX!

Cheers Sam, you win the new award for taking over the reigns from me as Newtek Enemy #1 ... hehe gives me a chance to relax and let you take the flak... :)

anyway...we shall finally see in 9 if Newtek really understands what we want and need...

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2005, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.